Arrival at Entebbe airport, you will be picked up from airport as we drive through the pearl of Africa (city drive tour) and proceed to a hotel in Kampala capital city to freshen up and spend an overnight, if in good shape, we shall again have more have another evening city tour
3 days gorilla trekking at Bwindi impenetrable forest national Game Park –home to half the world’s population for giant mountain gorillas
Bwindi national Game Park is located in the south west of Uganda across the equator. The park is 372sqkm space of a densely under growth of different tree species such as vine, mahogany etc. and other vegetation that make it nearly impenetrable rain forest. It’s one of the richest ecosystems all over Africa and its wide diversity of species is a feature of the park which provides a habitant for over 150 species of mammals including mountain gorillas, monkeys, chimpanzees, over 340 species of birds, over 200 species of butterflies,163 tree species and 30 species of reptiles.
Bwindi national Game Park is bio diverse, mountainous area and a home to many of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas, who feed on roots, leaves and fruits from the park’s many tree and fern species. The restricted numbers of viewing permits help protect the endangered gorilla families. In the park, rough paths weave amid dense forests which are home to many butterflies and birds.
Major activities to be carried out
- Gorilla trekking
- Butterfly watching
- Forest walks
- Nature and cultural tour walks
- Coffee tours
- Cultural arts and performances from the local entertaining groups
Note: only people above 15 years are allowed to do the gorilla trekking
Day 2: pick up from hotel in Kampala
Drive to Bwindi You will be picked from your hotel in Kampala after your breakfast and head to the biologically diverse and unique magnificent green swathe impenetrable rainforest in southwestern Uganda, which sustains almost half of the world’s mountain gorilla population.
You will have a stopover in Kayabwe for photographs at the equator and souvenir shopping accompanied with an en route lunch in Mbarara town. Proceed to bwindi, the home of gorillas in Uganda. Have dinner and an overnight stay at the lodge.
Day 3: Gorilla tracking –
The great memorable experience after morning breakfast, you will get ready, along with your packed lunches to embark on the lifetime memorable experience in this magnificent forest for gorilla tracking. The trail you use may reward you with exciting moments of the giant mountain gorillas; this will be a reward of the ultimate gorilla experience, as well as other primates that inhabit the forest. If time allows, you will have an evening community walk to do some coffee tours in the local communities and some cultural dances
You will return to the lodge for dinner and peaceful overnight at the safari lodge.
DAY 4-5 at Queen Elizabeth national park
2 days Uganda wildlife, adventure and birding safari – in Queen Elizabeth game national park
Queen Elizabeth national park is one the most popular national park in Uganda located in the west of the country.it boasts of so many wildlife’s such as famous tree climbing lions, elephants, hippos, buffaloes, water bucks, antelopes, baboons, kobs, chimpanzees, sacreds, crocodiles, and a variety of over 750 species of birds such as glossy, martial eagle, weavers, squacco heron, etc.
Major activities to be carried out.
- Game drive through the wilderness to view tree climbing lions at ishasha sector, grazing elephants, Uganda kobs , leopards, hyenas, and buffaloes.
- Lunch time boat launch on the kazinga channel, a shoreline that attracts large number of birds, reptiles like crocodiles and mammals such as hippos, elephants, buffalos, all over the year.
- Bush breakfast as you wake up early to view the beautifull picnic spots via the channel track and campsite as you watch the eagles soar in the skies.
- Game drive to the man-made lake, katwe explosion crater and view the beautiful gorges in the park
- Visiting the local caves and rocks ‘amabere ganyina mwiru’ with female like breasts dripping milk.
Day 4:- Morning game drive and afternoon boat launch on Kazinga channel.
On this day, you will have an early breakfast; you shall enjoy a game drive towards the ishasha sector to see the famous tree climbing lions found in large fig trees in the remote southern extremity of the park. These tree dwelling lions prey on topis ,kobs, & if feeling confident , cape buffalo which graze at ishasha a beautiful studded savannah, visit Kasenyi plains which may reward you with sightings of the various animals like huge herds of the Uganda kobs, elephants, leopards, lions, buffalos, warthogs and antelope etc.
Later after lunch, you will embark on a boat cruise on Kaziga channel. This is very rewarding with the aquatic animals like crocodiles, hippos and many bird species like black bee carmine bee eaters and black bee eaters, Lesser Swamp-Warbler, Striated Heron among others. You will then return to the lodge for wonderful dinner and peaceful overnight at the lodge:
embark on your return journey after breakfast, you will enjoy the good view of the ranges of mountain Rwenzori, omukama’ royal palace and amabeere ganyinamwiru caves and rocks in fort portal as we drive twards another dsetiny. You will have a stopover at Lake Mburo national Game Park to view grazing zebras and giraffes in the park before embarking back on the journey to Kampala for an overnight at the hotel.
early morning breakfast ate lodge, carry out some physical exercises, do some shopping at the malls, visit Cinemax/theatres for relaxation and chilling. Later on in the evening we shall proceed to the source of the Nile river-jinja for an overnight or preferably do a city tour.
at source of the Nile river (longest in the word)
Jinja town lies in south eastern Uganda about 88km by road to the east of Kampala and its blessed with the source of the Nile river (longest in the world) to which major safari excursions base as one of Uganda’s short safari. jinja town is located on the shores of lake victoria and its vast cosmopolitan place in Busoga region as well as the capital of the Busoga kingdom and it is amazing place for honey moon safaris,relaxation and holiday safaris .
Major activities on the safari
- White water rafting/kayaking the Nile river/white water tubing
- Zip lining in mabira forest
- Quad biking, mountain biking, bicycle riding
- Fishing trips on the Nile
- Horse riding
- Fishing safari on the Nile in a canoe
- Forest walks to see primates and bird species
All the packages include the following
- Gorilla trekking permit
- Certificate after trekking gorillas
- Ground transportation to and from and throughout the trips
- Private4x4 custom built safari vehicle with an experienced safari guide driver
- Accommodation on full board for all days of stay
- All park entrance fees
- All government taxes
- An English speaking tour guide
- A security tour guide/ranger in all game parks
- A bottle of water on enroute.
The package excludes the following
- All expenses of personal nature
- Optional activities
- Tips to drivers, guides porters
- Personal expenses like laundry, communication
- Snacks/meals obtained on enroute
- Extra Game drives are offered up on request
- Air tickets
- Tourist visa
What we encourage you to bring
- Copy of the national id/ passport for foreigners
- Yellow fever treatment certificate
- Tourist visa
- Cameras, binocurus.
- Anyone who wishes to sleep in tent should have sleeping bag or extra sheet or travelers’brancket.
- Personal gadgets like mobile phones chargers or any other gadget of personal use.
- Insect repellants
- Good hiking attires like rain boots, rain jackets, sun glasses, etc
Special local air flight can be arranged to fly you to distant game parks on request in case you’re unable to do long distance road drives.
Since this is private tour, the departure dates can be set any time during the year.
We thank you for choosing THE LEAD SAFARIS LTD as your best travel partner and we opt to offer the best services always. And in case of any feedback please refer to our address.
2 days stay at Murchison falls national Game Park
2 days wildlife, birding, adventure and nature safari to Murchison falls national Game Park
This is Uganda’s largest national park (3,893sqkm) and its named after its Murchison falls where the world’s longest river explodes amazingly through a gap in the rocks, seven (7) meters wide and tumbles 43 meters then after flows westwards into lake Albert. Murchison falls were named after Sir Roderick Murchison president of the royal Geographical society by the explorer sir Samuel Baker. The wildlife biodiversity in Murchison falls national park contains the most astonishing number of species-76 types of mammals and 451 different birds. The River Nile on its journey from Murchison falls attracts a whole host of different wildlife such as crocodiles, hippos, and water birds. Other animals include lions, warthogs, buffalo rare acquatic, sitatunga antelope, giant forest hogs, kobs, topi, waterbuck, elephants, and leopards.
Major activities on the safari
- Half day game drives on the northern banks of Nile River accompanied by a game ranger. On this game drive in a 4*4 custom tour vehicle, you will have the chance to view lions, leopards, zebras, elephants, buffaloes, pangolins, kobs, warthogs, impalas, hyenas, giraffes among others.
- Visit to Ziwa rhino sanctuary for rhino tracking.
- Lunch time boat launch on the Nile whilst viewing animals such as hippos, grazing elephants, crocodiles, zebras, Uganda kobs, different species of birds at a close range
- Hiking to the top of the mighty Murchison falls taking an aerial view of white water falls fighting to pass through the rocks.
- Birding safari to view over 250 species in the park.
Day 7:- Morning game drive and afternoon boat launch to the Bottom of the falls.
On this day, take pleasure in a morning game drive towards the Albert and Victoria Nile and experience a great deal of wildlife and birds. Along the way, look out for herds of elephants, giraffes, antelopes, the Uganda Kobs, buffaloes, waterbucks, lions, hippos and several bird species. Later on in the day after lunch, embark on a lunch boat cruise to the base of the falls. This 3 hour cruise from Paraa is a rewarding trip that will expose you to many various wildlife species like hippos, huge crocodiles, elephants (though quite occasional along this side) and a variety of the bird life that may include the African fish eagles. You will then return to the lodge for wonderful dinner and peaceful overnight at the safari lodge:
After morning healthy breakfast, prepare to hike to the top of the falls very early in the morning and after proceed to Ziwa rhino sanctuary for Rhino tracking and later on in the evenings we shall embark on a return journey back to kampala where you spend an overnight.