This is Uganda’s largest national park (3,893sqkm) and its named after its Murchison falls where the world’s longest river explodes amazingly through a gap in the rocks, seven (7) meters wide and tumbles 43 meters then after flows westwards into lake Albert. Murchison falls were named after Sir Roderick Murchison president of the royal Geographical society by the explorer sir Samuel Baker. Murchison falls national game park lies approximately 200km from Uganda’s capital city-Kampala town in north western Uganda-the pearl of Africa
Major activities on the safari
- Half day game drives on the northern banks of Nile River accompanied by a game ranger. On this game drive in a 4*4 custom tour vehicle, you will have the chance to view lions, leopards, zebras, elephants, buffaloes, pangolins, kobs, warthogs, impalas, hyenas, giraffes among others.
- Visit to Ziwa rhino sanctuary for rhino tracking.
- Lunch time boat cruise on the Nile whilst viewing animals such as hippos, grazing elephants, crocodiles, zebras, Uganda kobs different species of birds at a close range
- Hiking to the top of the mighty Murchison falls taking an aerial view of white water falls fighting to pass through the rocks.
- Nature walks into the communities and the rain forest in search for mammals such as black, white and golden monkeys, baboons, checked manga etc.
- View of the great savannah and landscape in the park
- Chimpanzee tracking in budongo forest.
- Carrying out charitable works in the local communities
- Birding safari to view over 250 species in the park.
Day 1:- Arrival at Entebbe airport OR pick up from hotel in Kampala –
Drive to Murchison falls in the morning, you will meet our company representative-guide, He will transfer you to Murchison falls national Park. The biggest and largest national park in Uganda. Known as the most powerful waterfall. You will have en-route lunch and visit the ziwa rhino sanctuary. Upon arrival, you will have Dinner and peaceful overnight in Murchison falls national park at the lodge.
Day 2:- Morning game drive and afternoon lunch cruise to the Bottom of the falls.
On this day, take pleasure in a morning game drive towards the Albert and Victoria Nile and experience a great deal of wildlife and birds. Along the way, look out for herds of elephants, giraffes, antelopes, the Uganda Kobs, buffaloes, waterbucks, lions, hippos and several bird species. Later on in the day after lunch, embark on a lunch boat cruise to the base of the falls. This 3 hour cruise from Paraa is a rewarding trip that will expose you to many various wildlife species like hippos, huge crocodiles, elephants (though quite occasional along this side) and a variety of the bird life that may include the African fish eagles. You will then return to the lodge for wonderful dinner and peaceful overnight at the safari lodge:
Day 3: Chimpanzee tracking and forest walks
After morning healthy breakfast, prepare for the chimpanzee tracking in the natural Budongo forest which is within the park. The tracking will take around four hours as you interact with the amazing primates by feeding and playing with them, you will also have exposure to the different monkeys and bird species in the forest and there after proceed for lunch at the lodge and rest for few minutes as you refresh up.
Embark back on your journey back to Kampala heading to Entebbe; you will enjoy warm dinner at the hotel in Kampala. This marks the end of your journey.
Safari lodges: (Paraa/Chobe safari lodge / Kabalega Wildness lodge / Redchill rest camp).
Accommodation type: (Luxury / Mid-range / Budget).