Queen Elizabeth national park is one the most popular national park in Uganda located in the west of the country.it boasts of so many wild life’s such as famous tree climbing lions, elephants, hippos, buffaloes, water bucks, antelopes, baboons, kobs, chimpanzees, sacreds, crocodiles, and a variety of over 650 species of birds such as glossy, martial eagle, weavers, squacco heron, etc.
Major activities to be carried out.
- Game drive through the park to view tree climbing lions at ishasha sector, grazing elephants, Uganda kobs , elephants, giraffes, leopards, hyenas, and buffaloes.
- Lunch time boat cruise on the kazinga channel, a shoreline that attracts large number of birds, reptiles like crocodiles and mammals such as hippos, elephants, buffalos, all over the year.
- Game drive to the man-made lake, katwe to view salt mining
- Cultural community nature walks.
- Embark of a fishing safari on the lake using a man-made canoe
- Visiting the local caves and rocks ‘amabere ganyina mwiru’ with female like breasts dripping milk.
Day 1:- pick up from hotel in Kampala – drive to Queen Elizabeth
You will be picked from your hotel in Kampala after your breakfast and drive westwards. You will have a stopover in Kayabwe for photographs at the equator and souvenir shopping accompanied with an enroute lunch in Mbarara town.
Proceed to Queen Elizabeth national park. Upon arrival, you will have Dinner and peaceful overnight in Queen Elizabeth national park at the lodge:
Day 2:- Morning game drive and afternoon boat cruise on Kazinga channel.
On this day, you will have an early breakfast; you shall enjoy a game drive towards the Kasenyi plains which may reward you with sightings of the various animals like huge herds of the Uganda kobs, elephants, leopards, lions, buffalos, warthogs and antelope etc.
Later after lunch, you will embark on a boat cruise on Kaziga channel. This is very rewarding with the aquatic animals like crocodiles, hippos and many bird species like black bee carmine bee eaters and black bee eaters, Lesser Swamp-Warbler, Striated Heron among others. You will then return to the lodge for wonderful dinner and peaceful overnight at the lodge:
Day 3: Visit the magical rocks and Return back to Kampala
Embark on your return journey after breakfast; you will enjoy the good view of the ranges of mountain Rwenzori, ‘omukama’s royal palace and Amabere ganyinamwiru caves and rocks in fort portal before you return back to Kampala
Safari lodges: (Mweya safari lodge / Enganzi lodge, elephant plains / Mweya hostel).
Accommodation type: (Luxury / Mid-range / Budget).