Jinja town lies in south eastern Uganda about 88km by road to the east of Kampala and its blessed with the source of the Nile to which major safari excursions base as one of Uganda’s short safari. jinja town is located on the shores of lake victoria and its vast cosmopolitan place in Busoga region as well as the capital of the Busoga kingdom and it is amazing place for honey moon safaris and holiday safaris .
The town was named Jinja a word from the dialects of two ethnic tribes (baganda and basoga) who lived on either sides of river Nile.in both these languages ‘Ejinja’ means a rock and having been so rocky, the place was named jinja.
Major activities on the safari
- Boat cruise on the Nile to its actual source as you visit different islands on the trip
- White water rafting/kayaking the Nile river/white water tubing
- Bungee jumping
- Zip lining in mabira
- Quad biking, mountain biking, bicycle riding
- Fishing trips on the Nile
- Horse riding
- Visit to samuka island on fishing tour and bush fire camping
- Honeymoon treatment
- Fishing safari on the Nile in a canoe
- Bird watching to mabamba bay
- Safari lodges: (source of Nile hotel / palace hotel/Nile explorers).
- Accommodation type: (Luxury / Mid-range / Budget).